Masters in Australia
Housing some of the top colleges of the world, Australia is the third most popular study destination across the globe. The Oceanic nation has built a strong reputation of excellence and quality across its higher education and training programs. As of 2009, 41 Australian universities offer Master's degrees that are recognized all over the world.
Benefits of pursuing Masters in Australia
A Masters degree offers a mastery or high-order overview of a field of study of professional practice. Here are some of the benefits of pursuing masters in Australia:
- Personality development and enhancement of skills by managing projects, working in teams, speaking publicly and giving presentations from time to time.
- Increasing knowledge or gaining mastery in a particular discipline.
- Students get an opportunity to connect with other students belonging to diversified cultural backgrounds.
- Move up the career ladder and gain a higher starting remuneration.
- Better learning opportunities as students are required to work in a local company, gain the insights of the industry and get an exposure to the real world working.
Selecting a University
Selecting a university is one of the toughest and most important tasks to do. You need to take care of the following things:
- Excellence of University – Ensure the university you select provides high quality education and has excellent teaching standards.
- Location – Analyze the location of the university and its near by areas you are choosing to study in as you have to stay there for a year or two.
- Tuition Fee – Consider comparing the tuition fee of universities before finalizing them
- International student support – It is advised to select a university that has a well-planned structure for international students which includes orientation to the university, accommodation help and other advice services.
Masters in Australia - Eligibility Criteria
Entry into most masters courses in Australia typically need a bachelor's degree from a recognized university and proficiency in English language. IELTS score is also required by many universities for admission. Most universities also have additional entry requirements, such as prior knowledge in certain subjects, work experience or the successful completion of an audition, portfolio, interview or test.
Ready to get started? Book a FREE appointment to discuss your study options in Australia.