Innovation Precinct open
Swinburne continues its commitment to entrepreneurship and innovation, officially opening the Innovation Precinct. This is across the entire Hawthorn campus, and includes:
- Design Factory Melbourne: Brings together students, research leaders, industry partners and entrepreneurs to solve complex problems, generate innovative solutions and forecast future scenarios.
- Factory of the Future: Equipped with advanced visualisation and design tools, this ground-breaking facility gives designers the resources to develop prototypes rapidly, create innovative products and research potential manufacturing methods.
- Digital Innovation Lab: Integrates economy-wide digital technology and the internet of things, big data, data science and domain science to help enable people to make better decisions.
- An entrepreneur-in-residence program: A mentoring program bringing leading experts together to support entrepreneurial teams of students and staff from across the university.
- A business incubator program: Supports at least 10 resident start-up companies each year from students to small start-ups, right through to established businesses and industry partners.