What will happen to my visa if I defer my studies?
You asked, we answered. You asked "What will happen to my visa if I defer my studies?" and we gathered short videos from institutions, students and our IDP counsellors giving their answers and opinions.
University of Ottawa
When it comes to deferring your studies and the impact it might have on your student visa, the best thing you could do is communicate with us at the University of Ottawa, as well as the Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada website, or ARCC, as both these sources of information will have the latest news you need to know regarding student visas.
If you choose to defer your studies, we will have to cancel your confirmation of enrollment, which will have visa implications, you would then have to reapply for a new one when you're ready to come back to study with this.
Full Sail University
If your plan, for example, is to come to full sale university and you get a visa approved and then something happens, you can defer your studies. If you haven't entered the United States yet, once you come to the US, you will have to start your program within 30 days of entering the country.
Similar questions from students
- What is the job market like in New Zealand for international graduates?
- What should I study to become a teacher in Australia?
- Why should international students choose the USA to study abroad?
- Why should international students choose the USA over other destinations?
- What is the best way to make friends in the USA?
- Am I able to defer my studies if I can't organise flights to my home country?
- Do I need to return home if I defer my studies during COVID-19?
- How can students stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 developments?
- Which courses or study areas are in demand for the USA?
- Can international students stay in the USA after graduation?
- Can international students stay in UK after graduation?
- What is the job market like in UK for international graduates?
- Can international students stay in Ireland after graduation?
- Can international students stay in Canada after graduation?
- What is the job market like in Ireland for international graduates?
- What is the job market like in Canada for international graduates?
- Can international students stay in New Zealand after graduation?
- Can international students stay in Australia after graduation?
- What happens if my student visa expires?
- What do I do if I want to change my course?
- What should I do if I am unable to complete my course within the duration of my visa?
- Can I transfer to another institution if I've been in my program for less than 6 months?
- Am I able to go back home if I'm currently on a Bridging visa?
- What kind of program can I apply for if my Student visa is going to expire soon?