Book my IELTS test
Step-by-step guide to book your IELTS
IDP now gives you the freedom to choose the way you want to take your IELTS. Live in 12 cities already, IELTS on computer offers multiple test sessions– up to 7 days a week and 3 times a day. With paper-based IELTS, you can pick any of the four dates available every month or 48 times a year.
How to book your IELTS test?
You may either book your IELTS test online or visit your nearest IDP branch to book it offline. Here’s how:
1. Log on to our IELTS India website
2. Select the option ‘Register for Test.
3. Select your preferred test – computer-delivered IELTS/ paper-based (IELTS, IELTS for UKVI or Life Skills).
4. Select your test type/module – Academic or General Training for IELTS, IELTS for UKVI, A1 and B1 for Life Skills (be extremely careful while choosing the module you wish to take).
5. Pick your desired test location/city (from the available IELTS test centres in India).
6. Once done, you will find a list of dates available for your preferences. Select your desired date and time slot.
7. Fill up the required details and complete your online application. Remember, you will also have to upload a clear, scanned colour copy of your passport to complete the process.
8. Proceed to pay the test fee.
Once your test date is booked, you will receive an acknowledgment on your registered email/phone number.
For the Speaking test, you can book a slot online on your preferred date and time. If you fail to choose a slot within the stated time period, a time slot will be automatically allocated to you.
You can make your payment online using a debit/credit card, net banking, or PayTM wallet. If you register for IELTS offline at any of our IDP IELTS India branches, you can also pay via a Demand Draft or ICICI/HDFC deposit slip.
A final confirmation email with details including your test date, time and venue will be sent five to seven days before your IELTS test. Do ensure that your email account settings allow emails from IDP and keep checking your spam/junk folder in case you don’t seem to receive any.
IELTS for UKVI
INR 13, 940
Before registering for your IELTS test, it is important to figure out the test you are most comfortable with. Are you a tech savvy person or do you prefer writing on paper? Use this interactive video to find out!