Study Engineering in Canada
Check out everything you need know to start your engineering program in Canada!
Engineering is one of the most popular choices among international students who want to use their creativity to change the world, learn how to solve problems and explore how things works.
Engineering programs combine theoretical knowledge with practical applied work. Students are taught to apply mathematical and scientific principles in order to develop effective solutions to real-world technical problems.
Why study engineering in Canada?
Affordable tuition fees, quality education, post-study work options as well as world renowned institutions have made Canada one of the leading destinations for studying abroad. With degrees and certificates that are recognised worldwide, engineering colleges in Canada follow very high academic standards and rigorous quality controls that ensure that the students get high quality education.
While the quality of education and living standards in Canada are amongst the highest in the world, the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than as compared to other countries.
How to choose the best engineering school for you?
Of the large number of engineering colleges in Canada, it is important to be able to choose the right one for you. This is a decision that must be taken after due consideration. Here are some factors that you should consider before selecting your engineering school:
- Academic Excellence – Research on reviews and teaching professors can give a good insight into course curriculum in addition to course descriptions. A good experience can move beyond traditional education boundaries and provides excellent teaching support for the track you wish to pursue.
- Location – Popular choices for study include Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec. Choose the city that fits best in terms of lifestyle, budget and university choices.
- Cost – Tuition fees and scholarship can vary between universities, along with the kind of financial assistance and scholarships available.
- International Student Support – Find a university that offers well-planned support for international students, as they can advise on essentials such as accommodation, student welfare, and post-graduate employment opportunities.
How much does it cost to study engineering in Canada?
The cost of studying engineering in Canada can range from $7,000 to approximately $50,000 per year. The cost of study varies depending on many factors, including the university, your program of study and location. However, many universities in Canada offer scholarships for qualified international students. You can benefit from these scholarships to lower the cost of your study there.
Your IDP counsellor can provide you with the latest information about the cost of studying engineering in Canada and help you choose the best engineering university that suits your budget.
Popular engineering courses in Canada
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Automotive Technology
Admission requirements for Canadian universities
Admission requirements for engineering programs in Canada vary from institution to another as every institution has a different idea of the minimum qualifications required for their courses. But the basic requirements are:
- Academic Qualifications: The minimum admission average is determined annually
- English language proficiency test, such as IELTS
- GRE Scores (Not mandatory for all Canadian institutions)
Speak with IDP Education counsellor today to find the latest information about admission requirements for your engineering program and secure your place at your dream university!
Let’s get started
Sign up or login in with one click
View your shortlist or close this box to continue researching