MBA in New Zealand
Find all about the cost of MBA in New Zealand, top business schools, admission & more!
Studying MBA in New Zealand is a great decision. Housing some of the top MBA universities of the world, New Zealand has built a strong reputation of quality and excellence across the globe. Combining the benefits of a developed country with the tranquillity of its welcoming environment, New Zealand offers internationally recognised degrees that provide students with great career opportunities and handsome remuneration packages.
The MBA is a premier qualification for the intellectually rigorous and ambitious individuals. Pursuing MBA isn’t just about simply acquiring a set of professional skills; it’s a life changing experience. It is a transitional stage that enhances the knowledge and overall personality of individuals making them professional leaders and sound decision makers of tomorrow.
Why study MBA in New Zealand?
New Zealand offers some distinct advantages over other countries of the world:
- MBA colleges in New Zealand are affordable and offer an internationally recognised degrees.
- Admission and student visa procedures are simple.
- MBA programs at New Zealand universities enhance the career opportunities and earning potentials of the students.
- Great importance is laid on developing a strong personality of students.
- MBA courses give international students an opportunity to deeply study global economic working of various industries.
- Students study in an environment that merges the western world with the eastern, allowing them to understand each other and broaden their prospective of business and management.
How can I study MBA in New Zealand?
The main entry requirements into MBA programs in New Zealand are as follows:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Candidates must hold 3 to 4 years of work experience in their respective field of study.
- International students need to present their TOEFL or IELTS scores (6.5 general score & 6 or more for section scores). And GMAT or GRE scores if needed depending on the opted university and course.
Contact your IDP counsellor to know about the MBA programs and their entry requirements.
How to select a university in New Zealand?
There are a number of universities in New Zealand that offer master's courses. But choosing a university can be one of the toughest tasks to accomplish. Here are some of the key factors to consider:
- Find a master's program that suits your career needs.
- A university located in an area which is well connected to the rest of the city.
- A university which has a good placement cell and good rapport with the local companies.
- Tuition fee is also an important factor to be considered while selecting a university. Compare the fees structure of different universities before you finalise one.
- It is advised to select a university that has a well-planned structure for international students which includes orientation to the university, accommodation help and other advisory services.
Top business schools in New Zealand for your MBA degree
In the recent years, New Zealand has successfully ascended the ladder of the top higher education destinations in the world. New Zealand has 8 universities, all of them feature in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021. The table below shows the New Zealand universities THE ranking by subject Business and Management:
|University||THE 2021 Ranking|
|University of Auckland||147|
|University of Otago||201–250|
|Auckland University of Technology||251–300|
|University of Canterbury||401–500|
|Victoria University of Wellington||501–600|
|University of Waikato||501–600|
How much does it cost to study MBA in New Zealand?
The MBA tuition fee in New Zealand is pretty uniform across most business schools, yet, some programs can be completed in 1 year instead of paying for two years, which is the typical course duration in New Zealand. MBA fees in New Zealand generally range between NZ$31,000 and 50,000.
Kick start your education journey to New Zealand! Speak with your IDP Education counsellor now to turn your study ambition into action!