MBA in Canada
Find about the cost of MBA in Canada, top business schools, admission & more!
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is the one of the most sought-after courses that offer an array of career opportunities to students across the globe. The MBA degree offers a deep understanding of various aspects of management, its real-life applications and experiential knowledge that pushes students to discover practical business solutions.
If you are seeking an MBA degree in Canada, check out our comprehensive guide to learn about tuition fees, best business schools and admission requirements!
First, why study MBA in Canada?
- An MBA degree from Canada is internationally recognized, and it will enhance your career prospects and earnings potentials
- The cost of studying MBA in Canada is more affordable compared to other countries
- Canadian business schools offer internship opportunities to help students gain industry experience while studying their MBA degree
- Canada is a multicultural country, which means that you will study alongside students from different cultures. This will enable you to broaden your cultural perspective of business and management.
How much does it cost for MBA in Canada?
The average cost of an MBA degree in Canada is approximately CAD 30,000 to CAD 40,000 per year (indicative price). Your IDP counsellor can provide you with the latest information about the cost of studying an MBA degree in Canada and help you choose the best business school that suits your budget.
How many years is MBA in Canada?
The duration of most of the MBA programs in Canada is 2 years. However, some business schools in Canada offer an Accelerated MBA which would take 18 months to complete. Other universities and colleges offer a one-year MBA degree.
How to select the right university for your MBA degree?
Selecting a university to study in can be rather tedious task. Here some of the key factors to consider while selecting the right university for your MBA in Canada:
- Academic Excellence – Make sure the university you select to study in offers high quality education with excellent teaching standards.
- International student support – It is advised to select a university that has a well-planned structure for international students that includes orientation to the university, accommodation help and other advice services.
- Location – Analyse the location of the university and its nearby area as you will be staying there for a substantial period of time.
- MBA cost – Take into account the cost of MBA programs as it varies from university to university.
Top 10 business schools in Canada for your MBA degree
According to the QS Global MBA Rankings in Canada 2020, these10 universities and their business schools offer the best MBA programs in Canada:
- Toronto University (Rotman Business School)
- McGill University (Desautels Faculty of Management)
- Western University (Ivey Business School)
- Queen’s University (Smith School of Business)
- York University (Schulich School of Business)
- University of Alberta (Alberta School of Business)
- University of British Columbia (Sauder School of Business)
- Concordia University (John Molson School of Business)
- University of Montreal (HEC Montréal)
- Saint Mary's University (Sobey School of Business)
Admission requirements for MBA in Canada
Most business schools in Canada require the below for MBA admission:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or education institution
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score
- Previous relevant work experience
- English language proficiency test, like IELTS or TOEFL
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Recommendation Letters
- Admission interview
Build a better future in Canada! Contact your IDP Education counsellor today to apply for your MBA program at the right university in Canada!