Your Guide to Study in Alberta
Explore all about studying in Alberta & its rich culture
Do you seek to study at a top university in Alberta? Well, this young Canadian province is known for its picturesque landscapes, rich culture, quality of life and international exposure, it’s one province that’s bound to give you the best student experience you can imagine in Canada.
Benefits of studying in Alberta
Alberta is globally known among international students for its excellent quality of education, affordable tuition fees and living costs, as well as its shorter programs. That’s beside many other benefits such as:
- Alberta offers affordable tuition fees and cost of living.
- You can choose from a wide range of programs.
- The province is beautiful – you’re exposed to an utterly unfathomable confluence of the Canadian lifestyle. You experience the untouched natural beauty and the extraordinarily attractive colonies along with the urban setup of modern architecture and multinational ways of working.
- The cultural scene in Alberta is extravagant – you’ll witness a variety of carnivals, fests, events, art exhibitions and more!
- It offers post-study rights to graduates of both public and private institutions.
What are the popular universities in Alberta?
Universities and colleges in Alberta are globally recognised and renowned for their education. The University of Alberta and the University of Calgary are some other distinguished educational establishments in the province. Several universities in Alberta are research-intensive with world-leading facilities which attract the best and brightest minds from around the globe.
How to apply for Alberta study permit?
The primary conditions to avail a student visa for Alberta are:
- A valid passport for the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada. The visa office will need your original passport during the application process.
- Official Letter of Acceptance from the university you’ll be attending.
- Bank statement as an evidence of sufficient funds. You must provide this proof that you’ve enough money to cover your tuition and living expenses for you and your dependents, if they’re travelling with you.
- It’s mandatory to have a medical insurance during the entire duration of your program in Alberta, the charges for which vary as per the insurance provider.
What are the accommodation options for international students in Alberta?
As an international student, it’s best to connect with your institution to know the best available on-campus and off-campus accommodation options. In Alberta, you’ll find a variety of accommodation including:
|Dorms or townhouses||Off-campus accommodation|
|Falling under the category of student residences, dormitories are a great housing option on campus and accommodate large numbers of students at once. Townhouses are comparatively smaller, detached houses that accommodate typically three to six students in each.||This is a good option if you want to a single room or rent a place with your friends. These come in cheap and are easily available close to your own campus.|
|Works well if you’re living alone for the first time. Staying with a family is safe and affordable option, while you also get to experience Canadian hospitality and culture in a more personal manner.||You’re still looking for a permanent place to stay, furnished or unfurnished apartments are a good option to look for a temporary basis.|
Speak with IDP Education counsellor today to find the latest information about admission requirements for your program and secure your place at your dream university!