IELTS for the UK
Want to live, work and study in the UK? We’re ready to help.
If you make a visa application to stay or move to the UK, you need to be aware of changes made by the United Kingdom Visas & Immigration (UKVI). Great news for those hoping to live, work and study in the UK - an IELTS for UKVI result can be used to prove your English proficiency.
In addition to the IELTS General Training and IELTS Academic tests, which you may already know of, a new test called IELTS Life Skills has been introduced for people who need to prove their speaking and listening skills at level A1 or B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
IELTS Life Skills
IELTS Life Skills is available at two levels:
- IELTS Life Skills – A1 Speaking and Listening. This test is for UK visas and immigration for a “family of a settled person”
- IELTS Life Skills – B1 Speaking and Listening. This test is for UK visas and immigration for “indefinite leave to remain or citizenship” visa.
The focus of IELTS Life Skills
- At each level, the test is designed to assess whether you can listen and respond, make your meaning clear, and talk with other people.
Face-to-face Speaking and Listening tests
- You will take the test with an examiner, and with one other test taker. You will be expected to take part in short discussions on everyday subjects.
Understand more about the UKVI tests here or book your IELTS UKVI below.
Upcoming test dates
- Date Time
- Test type
08 Dec 2018
- IELTS for UKVI (Academic)
- Paper Based
- IDP Auckland
- BOOK TEST
- Idp auckland Idp auckland Nz