Study Information Technology in Canada
Find everything you need to start your IT course in Canada
Many international students from all over the globe seek to study information technology in Canada. IT courses in Canada focus on the development of theoretical foundation for information and computer systems, and its applications.
As an IT student in Canada, you’ll have the option to specialise in areas like computer networks, virtualisation technologies, programming, windows server administration, IT security, disaster recovery, web technologies, information databases, and multimedia.
Why study IT in Canada?
Pursuing an IT degree from Canada can benefit you and your future career prospects based on several important factors which are related to Canada and its highly reputed institutions:
What are the popular IT courses in Canada?
IT Students in Canada can be sure of an experience that goes beyond the academic learning. And the following are the most popular IT programs at the Canadian universities and institutes:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analysis
- Mechatronics and Robotics
Top IT jobs for IT graduates from Canada
Information Technology is a fast-growing industry that involves the use, development and maintenance of computer software and systems, as well as electronic networks to process and distribute data. It’s the driving force behind all major industries including manufacturing, travel, education, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and others. Through studying IT in Canada, you can look forward to becoming:
- System Developer
- Database Manager/Administrator
- Business Analyst
- IT Consultant
- Information System Manager
- System Tester
- Hardware Engineer
- Project Manager
Top 10 Universities in Canada for Computer Science Programs
According to the U.S. News & World Report, these are the top universities in Canada for Computer Science programs, based on their reputation and research in the field.
Want to study IT programs at a top Canadian university? Your IDP Education counsellor can help you secure your place at the right university. Contact us today!
How can I apply to IT courses in Canada?
The requirements to obtain a prestigious degree in information technology in Canada differs from institution to another, however, the main and general eligibility criteria are:
- For IT bachelor’s degree or undergraduate diplomas: – you should’ve successfully completed secondary school/Class 12th with minimum qualifying marks as set by your chosen school or university
- For IT postgraduate degrees or diplomas: – this required the successful completion of four years bachelor's degree in relevant field from a recognised school or university
- Students coming from non-English speaking countries may have to undertake an English Proficiency test such as IELTS to qualify for Canadian degree or diploma
- Personal Statement describing academic interests, professional and personal goals and relevant experiences
- Recommendation Letters
- CV listing your professional and extracurricular accomplishments
- Transcript, or listing of academic results
What’s the cost of IT courses in Canada?
Every Canadian institution has the right to set its own tuition fees. Generally speaking, private colleges and top-tier schools cost more money, while some others are more affordable in nature. At the same time, you can search for scholarships or grant programs to fund your studies.
|Education level||*Tuition fees (CAD)|
|Bachelor||10,000 – 144,000|
|Graduate Diploma||14,000 - 40,000|
|Masters||17,000 - 118,000|
|PhD||40,000 - 81,000|
*Indicative costs for total program fee. Check out with your IDP counsellor for the latest information about the cost of studying IT in Canada.
Speak with IDP Education counsellor today to find the latest information about admission requirements for your program and secure your place at your dream university!