Study Masters in New Zealand
Check out all about studying masters at top universities in New Zealand
Many international students from all over the world seek to study masters in New Zealand. Home to some of the top universities in the world, New Zealand is among the most preferred destinations for pursuing a master's degree. The majestic nation has a distinguished reputation for being a hub of quality education all over the world over.
New Zealand's education system is based on the prestigious British system, and the universities here offer an array of research and internship opportunities which help in building the much-needed practical skills for excelling in academics and future career.
Why study masters in New Zealand?
A Master's degree obtained from New Zealand benefits students in the following ways:
- Develop a strong personality, enhance their skills by undertaking projects, work in teams, and boost their public speaking and presentation skills.
- New Zealand universities here focus majorly on increasing the knowledge base and help students specialise in a particular discipline.
- Students get an opportunity to build strong relations with fellow mates belonging to different cultural backgrounds.
- Offering a globally recognised degree, a master's course in New Zealand helps students move up the career ladder and get rewarding pay packages.
- The master's curriculum at New Zealand universities includes internship programs. These help students work in the real business world and gain better the insights of their discipline.
- After completion of a master's degree from New Zealand, international students can avail a six months work permit in the country.
How to select a university in New Zealand?
There are a number of universities in New Zealand that offer master's courses. But choosing a university can be one of the toughest tasks to accomplish. Here are some of the key factors to consider:
- Find a master's program that suits your career needs.
- A university located in an area which is well connected to the rest of the city.
- A university which has a good placement cell and good rapport with the local companies.
- Tuition fee is also an important factor to be considered while selecting a university. Compare the fees structure of different universities before you finalise one.
- It is advised to select a university that has a well-planned structure for international students which includes orientation to the university, accommodation help and other advisory services.
How to study masters in New Zealand?
There are various ways to apply for a masters in New Zealand as an international student. You can apply directly to universities which depend on fulfilling application requirements online. You can also contact your IDP counsellor to help you find your best-fit master’s program and apply to it at the right university.
How much does it cost to study masters in New Zealand?
For international students, you might pay between NZD $26,000 – NZD $37,000 annually for a master’s course in New Zealand. A full cost for a typical two-year master’s degree will range between NZD $52,000 - 74,000.
Top 5 masters courses to study in New Zealand
Generally-speaking, studying masters in New Zealand might be comparably cheaper than other English-speaking countries. But what are the most popular courses to study there? Find below the top 5 courses to study in this Oceanic country:
- Hospitality Management.
- Information Technology.
Kick-start your education journey to New Zealand! Speak with your IDP Education counsellor now to turn your study ambition into action!