Masters in UK
A master's degree offers specialization in a particular field of study. Masters courses at UK universities are rapidly becoming one of the popular options for students across the globe as the universities offer an excellent course curriculum, exceptional teaching methods and wide-ranging practical exposure. A master's degree usually accounts to MA (Masters of Arts) or M. Sc (Masters of Science) wherein the former is a title given to disciplines falling under arts, humanities and social science. The latter, on the other hand, houses subjects that fall under life science and chemistry. Masters in UK is also available for a wide range other courses as well. These may include music, education, business administration and more.
Advantages of pursuing Masters in UK
UK presents a host of advantages to students planning to study a masters degree at the UK universities:-
- Being one of the top three study destinations of the world, UK universities are well-known for their high academic standards and rigorous quality controls.
- UK offers an internationally recognized master's degree in a host of study fields.
- The teaching methods and exceptional course curriculum are among the main highlights of the UK masters educations.
- The nation offers numerous scholarship programs to international students.
- Each master's program in UK involves an industrial internship which helps students understand their respective industries in a better way.
- A degree in masters from UK universities also enhances the the career prospects and earning potentials of the students.
Selecting a University
A wide range of universities in UK offer Masters degree in a number of disciplines. But selecting the right university is a decision that should be made after due consideration. Everyone wishes for different things from their selected universities, but here are a few basic factors that can be considered:
- Academic reputation
- Tuition Fee
- Placement record
- International student support
Admission requirements for Master’s in United Kingdom
Eligibility requirements for master’s courses may vary from one university to the other. Most educational institutions accept three-years bachelor’s degree equivalent to a British Bachelor degree into most master’s courses. In addition to this, many universities ask for relevant work experience, minimum duration of which differs from one course to the other. Also, students must appear for an English proficiency exam, generally IELTS or TOEFL in case their primary language is not English. Students may furthermore be asked to submit copies of their reports prepared or work published in recent times.
MS in UK - Cost, Fees & Eligibility for Indian Students