Master’s in Australia
Find the Master's degree you want in Australia
There are many reasons behind Australia’s popularity as a top destination for international students. In addition to a strong reputation of excellence and quality across its higher education and training programs, Australia is known for the quality of life in its cities, with Melbourne ranked third-best to study and Sydney ninth. No matter the field of study you’re looking to pursue, Australia is difficult to beat in terms of living standards, academic excellence, and support for international students.
Why get your Master’s in Australia?
Here’s what Australia can offer those looking to further their studies:
- Top-ranking universities. In addition to being home to some of the world’s leading universities, Australia’s national regulatory and quality agency for higher education, the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), ensures quality across higher education providers.
- Quality of life. With sophisticated infrastructure, world-leading healthcare services, a dynamic range of public transport, numerous student services, and a comparatively affordable cost of living, Australia is a haven for those looking to study abroad.
- Strong international community. Australia is ranked as the third-most popular destinations amongst international students. The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) law also protects the wellbeing of all international students and the quality of the education experience across a diversity of cultures.
- Scholarship opportunities. The Australian Government also offers many incentives for those looking to study abroad in its country, including some $200 million worth of scholarships, job visas in multiple fields, numerous research opportunities, and the possibility of gaining permanent residency status after you graduate.
Choosing your university
Here are some key things for Malaysian students to look out for in choosing your university:
- Academic Excellence – Research on reviews and teaching professors can give good insight into course curriculum in addition to course descriptions. A good experience can move beyond traditional education boundaries and provides excellent teaching support for the track you wish to pursue.
- Location – Whether it’s cosmopolitan Sydney or the more laid-back vibe of Brisbane you prefer, look for a university situated in a region that offers you the best mix of lifestyle and standard of living.
- Cost – While tuition fees shouldn’t vary too much for the same course, the kind of financial assistance and scholarships available to you may differ.
- International Student Support – Find a university that offers well-planned support for international students, as they can advise on essentials such as accommodation, student welfare, and post-graduate employment opportunities.
Admission requirements for Australian universities
Entry into a Master’s course in Australia typically requires a Bachelor's degree from a recognised university and an IELTS score to reflect your English language proficiency. Most universities also have additional entry requirements, such as prior knowledge in certain subjects, work experience, and the successful completion of an audition, portfolio, interview or test.
Finding what fits you best can be overwhelming. IDP international education specialists guide you through your options and the necessary application processes for universities and visas. Speak to us now for free.
Australia Higher Education
Information That You Need To Know
- Study in Australia
- Why Study in Australia
- Cost of Living in Australia
- Cost of Studying
- Education System
- Employment Prospects
- Australia Scholarships
- Top Universities in Australia 2020
- Student Safety
- Visa Requirements
Study in Different Cities in Australia