IELTS practice materials
Preparing for an English test can be challenging if you do not have access to the right resources, which is why IELTS offers a range of official preparation material to assist your preparation.
IELTS support tools
IDP provides free IELTS preparation material that can either be downloaded from our official website or a physical copy can be availed from your nearest IDP centre. The IELTS essentials pack also referred to as IELTS Support Tools, comprises the following:
Band Score guide
IELTS tips by examiners
Checklist for IELTS
Speaking and Writing assessment criteria
Writing sample with feedback and comments by examiners
A guide on what to expect on the actual test day
Practice can go a long way in getting you a good IELTS score. Find free IELTS Essentials practice tests by clicking here.
Why practice with the IELTS sample test?
- Understand the test format: An IELTS practice test helps familiarize you with the test format.
- Questioning pattern: It throws upon an array of questions in different formats preparing you for the actual test.
- Timed conditions testing: Taking the sample test under timed conditions helps you learn how to optimize your time on the test day.
- Improvisation: Sample test for IELTS helps you improvise in every component. You can compare your answers with the model answers to understand the difference.
With continuous practice you can achieve a high band score and complete your IELTS test within the set time frame.
How to Prepare for IELTS
- Prepare For IELTS
- About IELTS Scoring System
- IELTS Test Fee
- Test Format
- Test Tips
- Test Types
Find out more IELTS Information
- What is IELTS
- Why Take IELTS With IDP
- Computer-delivered IELTS
- Academic Reading and Writing Tests
- General Reading and Writing Tests
- Listening Practice Tests
- IDP IELTS Workshop
- Free Coaching Clinic
- Listening Test
- Reading Test
- Speaking Test
- IELTS Writing Test 1 and 2
- IELTS FAQ
- Speaking Test Sample Questions
- Test Results