Education system in Canada?
Canada makes a large investment in its education system. In fact, Canada is one of the world’s top education performers and among the top three countries in spending per capita on public post-secondary education, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
The tertiary education system in Canada is divided into:
- Certificate level, generally for a year
- Diploma level, for one or two years
- Advanced Diploma, generally two or three-year programs
- Bachelor degrees, awarded after four years of full-time study
- Post-graduate Diplomas/Certificates, for one or two years of study
- Master’s degrees, available after a bachelor degree to excel in a certain subject, for one to two years
- Doctorate or PhD, generally four to seven years