text.skipToContent text.skipToNavigation
Language: Language:
Call us: +62 21 806 44 300 | Office Hours: Mon to Fri 08:00 – 16:30 (Jakarta Time)

Employment Prospects in the UK 

Want to work while you’re in the UK? Here’s how. 

By choosing the UK, you will have opportunities to develop important workplace skills and your ability to think independently, which will significantly increase your chances of employment.  

During your studies 

You can work part-time, volunteer or complete a work placement or sandwich course during your time in the UK, all of which are valuable work-based experiences that can provide an edge and build your résumé. Working part-time while you’re studying also can be a great way to help with the cost of living in the UK. 

Most universities and educational institutions in the UK have a dedicated careers center that can advise students on all aspects of gaining employment during and after their studies.  

For holder of a Tier 4 (general) or a Tier 4 (child) visa, you can work during your studies and holidays if you: 

  • are studying at a publicly-funded higher education institution 
  • are studying a short-term study abroad program with an overseas higher education institution 
  • are over 16 
  • are studying a course at NQF level 6 (degree level) and above 

However, there may be limits on the type of work you can do and your working hours. 

You must not work if your passport sticker or identity card says ‘No Work’ or ‘Work Prohibited’, as you will breach your immigration conditions, which is against the law in the UK. 

Working after you graduate 

If you want to stay and work in the UK after you finish your study, you’ll need to get a new visa first, or apply for a visa extension. 

The three most common work visas available to international students are the Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Tier 2 (General) and Tier 5 (Temporary Worker). You can find out whether you’re eligible for one of these visas – and how to apply – on the  UK Government  website. 

You need other information? Ask our counselor for free. Now let’s make an appointment to meet!

Please select qualification levels

Enter a subject and select from the list

  • Type 3 characters of a subject name and select from the list

  • Enter a course subject and select from the list

Please type and select an institution

  • Type 3 characters of a university name and select from the list

  • Enter a university or school name and select from the list