Student Visa Requirements in New Zealand
To receive a student visa, you have to prove that you have enough money to pay for living expenses, education costs and travel for your entire stay in New Zealand. Your IDP Education counsellor will guide you through the application process for your New Zealand student visa.
For your student visa you may also require:
- Offer letter: The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) offer letter to international students, which lists minimum course duration, course fees and whether the fees are applicable at domestic or foreign rates.
- Guarantee of Stay (for students aged under 18 years): A written document from an institution or person that states that the student has suitable accommodation arranged in New Zealand.
- Health and medical requirements: If you are staying in New Zealand for more than six months then you need to be screened for tuberculosis. For a longer stay, medical and X-ray certificates need to be provided.
- Work plans: If you plan to work after your studies in New Zealand then your IDP Education counsellor may be able to provide basic guidance about the visa options available, but you will need to contact a migration agent for further assistance.
- Proof of English: An IELTS score to demonstrate competency in English is necessary to apply for a student visa to study in New Zealand. You will need to meet IELTS score prerequisites to gain admission to the top universities in New Zealand. Some education providers do consider your English scores in year 12.
More information on New Zealand study visas is available here.
If you have questions about student visas, our IDP Education counsellors are happy to help, book an appointment today!