About the IELTS Results
• Your results will be released 13* calendar days after you sit the test if you took the IELTS on paper *Applicable for paper-based standard IELTS (A/GT) and paper-based or computer based IELTS for UKVI (A/GT) tests only
• However, results will be available after only 5-7 days if the IELTS test was taken on computer.
• If you took the IELTS Life Skills test (A/B), results will be available after 7 calendar days only.
• You will only receive one copy of your Test Report Form. Your TRF will either be sent to you via courier or will be ready for pick up at IDP Vietnam offices. Charges for courier services and/or overseas postage will be passed onto you.
• If you have nominated institutions to receive copies of your IELTS test results when booking, these will be sent automatically on your behalf (any additional copies will incur administration charge/s).
The IELTS partners respect all test takers’ privacy and cannot comment on a particular person.
The general policy of IELTS is to ensure test integrity and to promote genuine reporting of results by test takers. IDP Education acts to prevent malpractice and discourage false reports of results such as false TRF’s. As a part of encouraging genuine reporting of results, recognising organisations which have TRFs submitted to them by test takers are able to verify the TRF and test results on our Online Verification System. In addition, our test integrity policy includes a principle that test takers who commit malpractice may be banned from sitting all IELTS tests for up to two years.
Who will accept my IELTS result?
Thousands of organizations in over 140 countries, including universities, colleges, employers, professional registration bodies and governments, will accept your IELTS result as proof of your English proficiency.
Understanding your result
There is no pass or fail score in IELTS. Your test results are reported in band scores from 1.0, the lowest, to 9.0, the highest, in half band increments. Your test report form will include overall band score, as well as individual band scores for each test section - Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The overall band score is an average of all four scores, rounded to the nearest whole or half. All four sections are weighed equally.
Disappointed with your results?
If you did not achieve the score you need it is important that you pause and take the time to think about how you can improve your English before you take the test again.
For example, perhaps you could consider taking an English language course where the teacher will be able to support you and provide feedback to help you improve. You can also consider taking free IELTS practice tests.
How to request a remark?
Application for a review of your results need to be submitted at your test center if you are unsatisfied with your IELTS result.
You may ask to re-mark the whole test or any part of it (Listening, Reading, Writing or Speaking). The request for a remark must be made within six weeks of the date shown on your Test Report Form (TRF) and result will be released within 4 weeks. You will receive a letter confirming your final score from your test center after this time.
You must pay an enquiry fee, which is fully refunded if your band score changes. Please contact IDP staff for more information.